Tuesday, September 4, 2012

This house is too quiet!

Hello again. Look at me I'm on a roll. 2 days in a row! Woohoo! Go me.
Anyway. This day started out ultra busy but now I have nothing to do. Well except clean house, but no. This morning I had to take Monkey to the Dr. for a physical and see why he burps constantly. And I mean constantly. While we were there he also had to get a Hep A shot. Whoa buddy. This dude does not like shots. It took all I had to hold him down to get it. He was screaming and crying. Right up until they stuck him. Then he got instantly quiet. And look on his face said "Oops. I guess I didnt really need to make that big of a fuss over it." Thank heavens he did come to that conclusion. 10 minutes later he had to get blood drawn for allergy testing. The excessive burping could be any number of things. Lactose intolerance being one culprit. So the belching coupled with the excema on his arms led to allergy testing. We already keep him on Claritin in the spring and fall so maybe this will tell us why.
So back to the shot. He screamed and screamed before it happened. When it was done I look over at Banana and she's crying too. This is not the first time I've caught her crying for her big bro. But the really cute part is that she makes up stories to act tough. Yep she's mine. While she's wiping her eyes, I hug her to me and say "Oh Banana, you're just so sensitive, you can't stand to see your Bubba cry." And she stands so tall (all 3 and a half feet of her),looks at me with a tear stained, blotchy, red face and says "my eye's itching." I just about laughed right out loud. All I could do was hug her tight. Where does she come up with this stuff?!
Now they are both at school and I'm left in this house that seems far too large when no one else is home. Isn't it funny that when everyone is home there doesn't seem to be nearly enough room, but when everybody is gone the house seems as large and empty as the Grand Canyon? Or maybe I'm the only one who feels that way.
Does anyone else have any tough kid stories to share? Anything you'd like to share with me is welcome. Drop me a comment or even a link to your own blog so I can check you out. Thanks for tuning in and keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment