Monday, January 14, 2013

My Beautiful Floors

     It has only been 3 days since I shared my home with you but quite a bit has changed since then. Crazy, I know.
It all started Saturday morning when i was shampooing the carpets in the living room and dining room. I had gotten the living room done and half of the dining room shampooed when it occurred to me that the previous owners left some laminate flooring down in the basement... So I called Hubby in from the garage and asked what he thought about pulling up the dining room carpet and laying the laminate. Maybe I was thinking that if he wanted to do the floor, I could stop shampooing, but I'm not admitting any thing ;) Anyway Hubby loved the idea. He got on the phone with his bro and had him over to help within minutes. I'm going to call his brother Plumber, use your imagination on that one. Plumber is also married to Carmen. Just a little back story. They worked hard all day and even had Fil (father-in-law) come help. And the results are FANTABULOUS! I'm in love with our new dining room. I only wish I had a before pic to show you.
Doesn't it look beautiful?!
     They did such a wonderful job that I woke up Sunday wanting the kitchen done too. I had everything figured and priced before Hubby even got out of bed. I thought he would be too sore from the day before to want to do the kitchen, but NO. He was ready. He showered and got dressed in record time then we were off to Menards. We got in and out of there in under 30 minutes. Somehow he convinced Plumber to come back and help again. Thankfully! And once again they were back at it. And the kitchen floor looks just as fantastic as the dining room.
                                      
And I can slide in my fuzzy socks really well.
     Its a mess but they didn't get done till bedtime and I just didn't care. They did awesome and I'm super excited. Next project: Bathroom; flooring and paint. Can't wait! Stay tuned.
Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.
~Ms.Random
           

No comments:

Post a Comment