Thursday, January 14, 2016

Our First Placement!

OMG! We have our first placement!! I can't believe I haven't told you all about this sooner. But honestly, I'm so tired, I'm just in zombie mode. Let me just start at the beginning.
It was a Monday evening and I'm sitting in a super boring Cookie Training meeting for Girl Scouts. All of the ladies there are being super rude to me, saying i don't really have a troop because I only have 2 girls. Apparently you have to have 5. I had 7 when I started but when it came time to pay, no body came back. Despite my efforts to throw parties at my own cost to recruit, but that's a whole other story. I'm at this meeting texting my husband about how rude these ladies are and he starts telling me to go out in the hallway and call him. I'm thinking hes just saying that to give me an out. I'm just not that kind of person to get up and walk out. Like, I would hold a pee for 8 hours to keep from interrupting or drawing attention to myself. Anyway, he keeps on, that he really, really needs to talk to me. So I give in. I'm embarrassed but, oh well, he's my hubby. I go out in the hallway and he tells me DCS called about possibly having a premature baby girl for us to foster.
"What?! (Screw not drawing attention to myself.) What did you say? You told them yes, right? You better call them back right now and say Yes! We definitely want her!" So at this point I'm buzzing with excitement! The next day they called and said they got the detention order and she would be coming into care with us. So that night I got to go up to the hospital and just hold her. I just fell in love with her teeny little 5lb self. I stayed there holding her until I had just enough time to get home for my hubby to leave for work. The next night I stayed the night at the hospital with her to make sure I knew what to do with her apnea monitor and she's been at home with us ever since.
Hubby came up with her nickname which is also what we'll call her here. Half Pint.
This was her all dolled up in her Christmas dress. Yep. She got to spend Christmas with us. She's been here for 4 weeks today. She's growing and changing so much, and I'm sure that you know why I can't show you her pretty little face. But just believe me when I say, she's absolutely gorgeous. We just can't get enough of her.
Well, she's starting to move around and soon she'll be calling for me in her grunty little way. I better get a bottle ready.

Thanks for stopping by and come back soon. I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment