Thursday, August 29, 2013

Back To School Time

Hey there. It's back to to school time here. This year both Monkey and Banana are in school all day. Monkey is in 2nd grade.his teacher is a friend of mine, I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I'm sure she's a great teacher. I just don't want every time she and I see each other , it to turn into a parent/teacher conference. It's just different, I guess. Although I must say there are advantages. For instance, the other day she told me that Monkey got pulled out for IEP testing. I would have never known had she not told me. Although that's bittersweet too. She said it looks like he may qualify for help but she doesn't know how much or for what. So I still have to wait until the school contacts me. But I'm super confident and very excited to see how successful he can be given the right tools.
Banana is in kindergarten. Yep, all day kindergarten. I think she likes it. She only got to go for the first 2 days before she got sick and had to miss 2 days. But now she's back and ready for it. Monday I walked her to her class since she hadn't been since last Wednesday but Tuesday, she had to go in her self. She's such a big girl. And did I mention that also in this week, she lost her first tooth. Aaaaah! She's my last and she's growing up entirely to fast! She's so eager to learn, to read, to do homework, everything.
And where does this leave me? Wallowing in self pity. I'm a stay at home mom and now my babies are gone. I can't stay home with out them. It's too quiet. So far I haven't been home while they were both gone, but I can't go shopping every day. I guess you all will be getting to hear from me a lot more often. And definitely more books.
Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.
~Ms.Random

1 comment:

  1. You and me, my friend.. Stay at home moms with kids no longer at home. It's a quiet lonely place.. lol

    ReplyDelete