Monday, April 15, 2013

A Different Perspective...

I would like to say how sorry I am for the victims and the friends and families of the victims involved in the Boston bombings today. Having a 7 year old son, I could not imagine losing him. My heart breaks for the parents of the 8 year old boy who died today. That's not to say that any other people involved are less important, I just can not stop thinking about the young boy's family. Probably because I have a son so close in age to that boy. I know there is nothing in the world that anyone would ever be able to say to console me if my Monkey were so unexpectedly taken from me. So I pray for peace and acceptance for his mother.
This evening we talked about the bombing with the kids. They heard it on tv and saw the tears streaming down my cheeks as I tried not to imagine what the mother must be feeling. So we talked about it. Monkey heard that there was an 8 year old boy who died. He didn't ask any questions but just kept repeating that an 8 year old boy died. At bedtime I suggested that they pray for the people involved in the bombings. And as I listened to Monkey's prayer, my heart melted. He said "God, I am so happy that 8 year old boy gets to go live in the best place ever (heaven)."
Wow! I mean, talk about seeing things from a different perspective. How many of us could see through the tragedy and be happy for this child who gets to meet Jesus? Not me. Not until my 7 year old son enlightened me. I love his pure heart. God surely has blessed us with that boy.
In these awful times, I pray that everyone of us can see something from a different perspective. Let us not judge and be divided, but come together as brothers and sisters in Christ and see through our hurt and anger to be there for each other.

2 comments:

  1. Wow this brought tears to my eyes...
    You have one wise boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's funny how we think we're teaching them but they end up teaching us so much too.

      Delete